It's natural to have many questions about the school your child will be attending. Below is a list of common questions that arise from parents.
Are staff licensed/credentialed?
- Yes! Switzer School is a California state certified nonpublic school, and therefore has the licensed or credentials required by the State.
How will you manage my child's disruptive behavior?
- This is addressed on an individual basis in the context of: a therapeutic school, with a point/level school-wide behavior system, staff formally trained and certified in behavioral de-escalation strategies, and supported by a licensed mental health staff member.
What is your homework policy?
- Homework in given in at least academic 2 subjects Monday through Thursday.
How will you address my child's academics?
- This is individualized in the context of your child's IEP, and also within the context of the California core curriculum.
How quickly can my child return to public school?
- This depends upon your child's progress, which includes: attendance, behavior, and school involvement.
We understand that you may have additional questions. Please contact our center at 310-328-3611 to receive further assistance.