A very valuable source of support for the Center since our founding in 1966 is “in-kind” donations of new or gently used items.
Donating gently used items helps us minimize our operating expenses and provide valuable extras for teacher to use to enhance classroom instruction and student learning.
Additional new in-kind donations of high interest to adolescents may be used to positively reinforce individual student’s attendance and/or positive behavior incentives.
In-kind donations of greater interest and value to adults may also be used as items for silent and live fundraising auctions.
During the holidays, if you would like to assist the family of a Switzer student that is struggling financially, you may chose to “adopt a family” and give them anonymous gifts to brighten their holidays.
Complete the in-kind contribution form and your donation will be gratefully acknowledged after the item is picked up or delivered to Switzer.
Wish List Ideas for In-Kind Donations We Can Always Use
- Video game consoles and games for Wii and Xbox
- Digital and video cameras and camera equipment
- Sports equipment, including basketballs, Nerf balls, volleyball nets and balls, soccer equipment and balls, ping pong tables and supplies, yoga and pilates equipment
- Fitness and gym equipment such as bikes, elliptical trainers, and treadmills
- Laptops, iPads, tablets, and flat screen monitors
- Student incentives, like gift certificates to local fast food restaurants, video stores, sporting events, theme parks or arcades; movie tickets; or iTunes gift cards
- Grooming supplies, including new combs, brushes, deodorant, toothbrushes, shaving items, and clothing for job interviews
- New art or craft supplies, including paints, clay, poster board, frames, brushes, drawing pencils, jewelry-making supplies, etc.
- Cooking equipment and supplies for our student kitchen, including small appliances, bake ware, measuring and mixing utensils, non-perishable food for the pantry
- New or gently used musical instruments, including guitars, percussion instruments, and keyboards for our music department
- Materials for our welding and shop class, including old bicycles, scrap metals, old furniture, car parts, and materials to build go-karts, and motorized trikes.
- Occupational therapy equipment
- Toys, books, DVDs, computer software
Contact Beth MacAller at [email protected] or 310-328-3611 x333 if you have or need more ideas for in-kind donations.